My Assignments

Collage

Head Shots 

Albums 

Pick a Something

Fashion Photography 

Me and Myself 

Poetry and Your Photography

The words work with the image because he is giving a flower to a significant other showing an act of love, but does he truly love them. I think the audience will interpret it as not all people mean what they say.  

Magazine Cover

GEORGIA O’KEEFE ILLUSTRATION

Sotheby's O'Keeffe/Stieglitz Sale Nets Strong $17.2 M. Total – ARTnews.com

I really like this art piece from Georgia O’keefe because it gives you the illusion of looking like the sky with clouds but in reality its just strokes of painting intertwining with each other. I really just like her work in general because she knows how to colors to interest people. All the colors are either very bright colors or colors that just well with each other.  

SILHOUETTE STORY

ARTICLE READ AND WRITE

The article explains how easy  it is to create a silhouette story and the steps to make one. But a silhouette is almost like a comic book looking story that has panels and of course a story behind it. It also teaches you how to take these types of pictures with a camera. 

For example, you have to underexpose the subject to the point where there is no detail visible except for the overall shape. Another advice they give is when dealing with a silhouette a greater awareness of composition is required; it is only the contrasting relationship between the subject and the background that matters.  With a this information from the article it really help me understand the fundamentals in creating a silhouette. 

SELF PORTRAIT ILLUSTRATION 

1. outgoing
  2. caring
  3. adventurous
  4. athletic 
  5. talkative 
  6. blond hair  
  7. smiley
  8. funny 
  9. music lover 
  10. friendly  

CULTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY: READ AND RESPOND

I didn’t know culture photography was a thing before reading this article, but now I find it fascinating. It was cool how the author was able to explain how the photos he took meant something to him even if it was a picture of something simple. Culture really is expressed in many different ways and is very important for us to express it in many ways like photography. 

Its was also cool to learn that the photographer learned the background of Zen Buddhism just to understand the buildings he was capturing. He wanted to learn the culture so he could capture it all in on picture. He saying was  “experience first and photography second.”, which I think is a good way to go about this type of photography. I could it took him time to even realize it himself.

I see that most of the cultural photography was put into black and white. It really brings out the depth of the meaning of the picture. It captures all the details in the picture with the different lighting and shadows. It’s defiantly something I am now interested in and wouldn’t mind trying it myself. 

CULTURAL IDENTITY PHOTOGRAPHS

I took this picture in Mexico, Mazatlán when visited family during winter break. This is one of the famous churches in Mazatlán and this reminds me of family because my family is really religious and love going to church. 

The dress I’m wearing in this photo is from a traditional folk dance that was originated from Mexico. Its called folklorico and you go to practice to learn the choreography and then perform at Hispanic festivals and competitions. This was a big thing in my family and me and my cousins did it together.  

Tacos are a huge part of my culture because its one of the foods that’s really popular in the Mexican culture. This food bring my family together in many ways like when we have family parties and gatherings. I feel like Mexican food can be an act of love when someone makes for you, especially if a grandmother or your mother makes it for you. 

EMOTION SERIES

Multiple Exposure With Flash and Slow Shutter Speed 

1. Darken a room 

2. Position your subject against a black background

3. Allow enough background area for the number of different exposures you intend to make.

4. Using a ground glass camera, mark off on the glass, with grease pencil, the areas where the subject should be for each different exposure.

5. Set up the electronic flash lights so the minimum amount of Illumination falls on the background itself.

Body, Shape, Form, Triptych

1. Texture 
  2. The Letter M 
  3. Lines 
  4. Crossing
  5. Print
  6. Hand
  7. Shapes 
  8. Black 
  9. White
  10. Shadows 

Sandy Skoglund

See the source image

I love her work because its very interesting and eye catching. It full of bright colors and creative objects that she has made. Her surrealism is very bizarre yet interesting. In this photo you could see people as trees and actual people brought together to make this photo. 

MOTION BLUR

1. Bikes: Bikes present all kinds of opportunities whether they be street shots (above), competitions below or actually getting ON the bike with your camera.

2. Cars :  Cars are a good opportunity to photograph  because has good motions. hey also present many opportunities whether it be photographing the car from the inside (above), attaching a camera to the outside of your car or actually photographing cars moving by you from outside.

3. The Fairground: Fairgrounds present all kinds of exciting opportunities. Many rides have both elements of movement and stationary components which can create a wonderful effect.

4. Dance: Whether it be in a performance, on the dance floor at a party or in a studio – dance is about movement and therefore presents us with opportunity to capture some nice motion blur.

5. Birds: Bird photography is very popular in our forum area and among some of the best examples that I’ve seen are those that manage to incorporate a sense of movement into their shots. The key in many places is to choose a shutter speed that is slow enough to get wing movement but fast enough to keep the rest of the moving bird sharp.

Wassily Kandinsky 

Wassily Kandinsky art work is unique and can have a different meaning for everyone but, when I see his art I see an illusion. While looking at drawing it’s almost like you can make out what he drew comparing it to real life objects but it isn’t. The more you look at his drawing the objects get more distorted and all you see are shapes, lines, colors. I like how it may look random but, it all comes together. 

HDR Landscape 

HDR means high dynamic range and is a specification that determines whether a display can render an image that has deeper contrast, a wider color gamut, and generally better representation of brightness than that of a standard-dynamic range (SDR) display. I think I did well displaying HDR imaging. I found it difficult to find the right balance of using HDR in photos but it really just depends on how you want the picture to come across to the viewers. I love how HDR looks when it comes to ocean settings and neon settings. 

Favorite Teacher 

Mr. Marquez is one of  my favorite teachers because when I was a freshman he was a teacher that helped me throughout the year. He is also a very lighted spirited teacher. He would help anyone in need and gave full attention when needed. He is a very funny teacher but serious when needed to be which i thing is a great balance. 

Social/ Political Issue Poster 

The reason on why I chose to do a poster on the negative affects social media holds on the younger generation is because I myself have experienced the negative affects and so have many others I know. My generation and the years younger have lived through having social media in our lives and it has shaped a way for people to show only what they want people to see and not the reality behind a picture or video. This has then caused an illusion that you or your life needs to be as perfect as the people you see on social media. With this people tent to compare themselves to this illusion which can cause depression and eating disorders. On the flip side social media has its benefits in being an outlet to advertise a business you may have and connect in different way with family and friends. However, the negative outweighs the positive sometimes and in this case it shows. I feel like my poster does get my point across and many can even relate to it. 

Double Color Exposure 

Screen Printing 

Studio portraits with strobes and gels

1. Blue
  2. Green
  3. Pink
  4. Red
  5. Florescent
  6. Freckles
  7. Wet
  8. Dark
  9. Texture
  10. Glossy
  11. Structured
  12. Glow
  13. Black lips
  14. Extraterrestrial
  15. Black
  16. Serious
  17. Highlights
  18. Ginger
  19. Centered
  20. Bones

Photomontage: Where you see yourself in 10 years

Within ten years I see myself having a nice home with big wide windows that bring in beautiful natural light. I would love my house to have the black tech modern look because I think it looks really nice and sleek. When it comes to my future care I would love to have a GTR because that’s been the care I’ve wanted since I was little. I have always thought it looked and sounded cool.

The dog in the collage which is a Doberman, is the kind of dog I have right now. Her name is Mamba and I’ve had her for about a year now and she is the sweetest dog. I want her to be with me from ten years from now no matter where I go. Now when it comes to the Minecraft lady that represents me being a business women. I have always wanted to own my business and be my own boss, so I would like to start in the E-Commerce business as a stepping stool t starting my own business which I will hopefully one day do.

The boy group on the top is the K-pop group called BTS and I put them there because within ten years I would love to go to one of their concerts since they have had a huge impact in my life. They have made me smile when I was down and I can relate to their songs. They are known for their spread of positivity and selflove. being able to see them would really be a dream come true.

Press Printing

18-20 Photographs

Low Key Portraits

Photomontage like David Hockney

Collage

Shallow Depth Of Field

Man and Nature

Projection

First Shoot